Museums & Heritage
Although the public are not yet able to access our building, there are still many ways to pay!
If you have any questions about your tax bill or need any further information, please call us at 902-742-7159.
Thank-you for your understanding and we hope to reopen our doors again soon!
Plan highlights natural beauty of land, sea, people and culture.
<May 27th, 2021 – Hebron, NS> The Municipality of the District of Yarmouth (MODY) has completed a three-year strategic plan that focusses on the people of MODY, the economy, governance, and stewardship. “Local economic growth, accessibility, diversity, preserving our natural assets, and above all accountability to our residents were universal themes in council’s decisions regarding this plan,” said Warden John Cunningham “We know MODY has tremendous momentum and this plan provides a road map to cultivate opportunities through due diligence and governance.”
The strategic plan distilled the Vision of MODY as a Municipality which endeavours to support and grow thriving and welcoming communities known for their resourceful and innovative people; cultivate diversity and inclusion; connectivity and openness to new ideas and opportunities; attention to the environment and the Municipality’s natural beauty; heritage and architecture.
“Council has worked diligently to create a plan that supports the needs of MODY citizens, while inviting others to come and see what MODY has to offer,” said Deputy Warden, Trevor Cunningham “This plan will move us forward over the next 3 years and will lay a solid foundation for success for many years beyond that.”
“I would like to thank Council for this very important work, which will allow us to plan some exceptional projects for the next 3-5 years and the team is very excited to get started,” said CAO Victoria Brooks “This plan supports the need for in-migration and Immigration to MODY. Our communities are overflowing with potential and this deserves to be shared with the rest of the world.”
Some features of the plan include:
* A focus on future Opportunities and Economic Growth with a sectoral and resource emphasis – Internet /cell coverage, fishery, tourism and people
* Harnessing the energy and momentum of MODY leveraging existing strengths and competitive advantages and identify areas of need.
* Accountability – transparency and best practice governance
* Strategic Direction – tactical, intentional and dynamic planning that is proactive and responsive to resident’s needs and streamlines collaboration with partners via improved Intermunicipal agreements.
* Diversity – employ messaging to reach out to diverse communities and ensure community accessibility, general inclusion to elevate attraction and retention
* Formalize MODY Asset preservation and cultivation which includes the natural environment, digital infrastructure.
To view the Municipality of Yarmouth’s full Strategic Plan for 2021-2025, Click HERE!
Chief Administrative Officer