Welcome to the Municipality of Yarmouth
The Municipality of the District of Yarmouth, affectionately known as MODY by the locals, is a diverse collection of communities located on the southern tip of Nova Scotia. Diversity can be found in our landscapes. The Municipality of Yarmouth boasts rugged and sandy ocean fronts, working wharves, rolling hills, old growth forests, quaint hamlets, bustling business districts and clean cottage country lakes. Diversity is found in our economy. Fishing, forestry, agriculture, light manufacturing, retail, personal services, professional services, and creative arts are a few of the sectors where vocational opportunities abound. Diversity describes the recreation and leisure offerings. Music, water sports, school and community sporting leagues, dancing, theatre, pottery, photography, wood carving, quilting and so much more are available. Diversity is celebrated in our people. With a global ethnic presence, the Municipality of Yarmouth is increasingly seen as an ideal place to put down roots, seize work/life balance opportunities and contribute to one's community.
If you'd like to explore living, working or investing in the Municipality of the District of Yarmouth, please contact the office of the CAO at 902-742-7159.
For Immediate Release
Municipality of Yarmouth Supports Non-Profits Impacted by Covid-19.
Council passes motion to establish a one-time $50,000 relief fund.
<March 25th, 2021 - Hebron, NS> At their regularly scheduled meeting yesterday, MODY Council approved a one-time Non-Profit Covid-19 Relief Fund of $50,000 for registered non-profits that experienced fundraising revenue losses due to Covid-19.
“Council and Staff of the Municipality realize non-profits work diligently every year to host fundraising events and activities to support their important missions. With health restrictions due to Covid-19, many of these events just couldn’t happen. That is why we are hoping this relief fund will be a welcomed help”, said Warden, John Cunningham.
Any registered non-profit organization that operates in, or for the benefit of the residents of, the Municipality of the District of Yarmouth is eligible to apply for a one-time allotment from the fund.
To be considered applicants must:
- Provide proof of non-profit status including registry of joint stocks number
- Have operated for at least one year prior to March 1, 2020.
- Commit to operating this year (2021) and demonstrate how the organization will spend the funds requested
- List fundraising that was conducted prior to COVID-19 and the amount raised for each activity
- List the fundraising activities that could not be modified to comply with public health regulations relating to COVID-19
- List any events or services that could not be delivered due to public health regulations relating to COVID-19
- Fill out the COVID-19 Non-profit Relief Fund form (be sure to include the amount requested)
To find out more about this fund and to download/print the application for this fund, click HERE!
All applicants are required to fill out an application form before April 15th, 2021.
The Municipality of Yarmouth contributes over $230,000 annually in community grants and tax exemptions to organizations.
Warden John Cunningham
CAO Victoria Brooks