Nova Scotia League for Equal Opportunities
Volunteer Call Out ReadABILITY
You will be donating your valuable time in raising awareness through first voice in reading stories to children in your community.
* Selecting an age appropriate story to be read or talking about your disability
* Must commit to up to two hours for planning, participation, and evaluation
Qualifications: (All volunteers must complete the application and attach a short bio)
* Possess a strong grasp of the English language
* Must have an interest in teaching others about adaptions and abilities of people with disabilities
* Comfortable working with children
* 2 hours per session
* Provide a Vulnerable Sector background check
Sherry Costa, Provincial Coordinator
Founded in 1979, the Nova Scotia League for Equal Opportunities (the League, NSLEO) is a provincial, cross-disability consumer and public education organization with members from Yarmouth to Cape Breton. We offer regional and municipal disability groups an umbrella organization through which to represent their concerns at a provincial level.
Our mission is to achieve recognition of people with disabilities as equals in society.