The Council of the Municipality of the District of Yarmouth recognizes the importance of post-secondary education in an individual's professional pursuits. Furthermore, Council acknowledges the value of a well trained workforce to the region's continued economic vitality. To that end, Council has established two annual bursary awards in the amount of $1000.00 each. To qualify for a Municipality of Yarmouth Leaders of Tomorrow Bursary, applicants must meet the following criteria:
* Successfully complete the requirements for a Nova Scotia High School Diploma at a public or private school or;
* Provide documentation of equivalency to Nova Scotia High School Diploma where the student is home schooled;
* Be accepted to a program of study at a university, community college level or technical school;
* Reside in the Municipality of Yarmouth or be the child of a residential rate payer in the Municipality of Yarmouth.
* Complete the application form
* Demonstrate to Municipal Council, in a 150 word essay, how this award will impact the applicant's access to higher education
* Include transcript including marks for first semester of grade 12.
Municipality of Yarmouth Leaders of Tomorrow Bursary Application Form
Municipality of Yarmouth
932 Highway 1
Hebron, NS B5A 5Z5
If you have any questions, please contact the Administration Office at 902-742-7159.