Municipality of Yarmouth
Public Works Department – Casual position
Do you enjoy working outside? Working with your hands? This job would be perfect for someone who is semi-retired and looking for extra employment hours! The Municipality of Yarmouth is looking to fill a casual position with the Public Works Department to work as a member of the Public Works team in ensuring the maintenance and operation of Municipal infrastructure. We are looking for someone who could be available year-round, and would be able to come to work on short notice. This would be to fill in for vacations, leave, etc.
Please note: we cannot guarantee a specific number of hours of work.
* Physically capable of performing grounds keeping related activities and various maintenance tasks (ability to lift heavy loads)
* Must be willing to work outside in all weather conditions;
* Ability to troubleshoot problems with mechanical and electrical systems
* Flexibility with work hours and availability to be on-call
* Ability to operate and maintain heavy equipment would be an asset
* Must have driver’s license
* Safety training would be an asset (for example first aid, confined space, etc.)
* Will be required to provide driving abstract and criminal background check prior to hiring.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.