Full Time Position
Administrative Assistant - Municipal Services
The Municipality of Yarmouth is currently looking for a full-time permanent Administrative Assistant to join our team.
Why work for the Municipality? We offer:
* Team environment
* Competitive wage
* Comprehensive health benefits coverage
* Generous pension plan with company matching component
* Opportunities for growth and development in your career
* A commitment to a safe, diverse and inclusive workplace
About the opportunity:
The Municipality of the District of Yarmouth is looking for an experienced administrative professional to support members of our Municipal Services, Development and Public Works teams. This is a full-time position which will provide a diverse range of administrative support, including implementing administrative systems and procedures and supporting the directors in coordinating the daily activities of the departments. This position will be the main point of contact for clients and the public.
Our ideal candidate for this role will have a minimum of 2-3 years previous education and/or experience in the administrative field and be familiar with the expectations and requirements of this type of work. In addition, you will have an ease with technology, proven computer and organizational skills, and be able to take direction from multiple individuals. To be successful in this role, you will need the ability to multi-task, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and effectively prioritize workloads. A strong service orientation is also a must as you will be greeting the public and clients.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Designation: Full time permanent, 6 month probation period
Reports to: Director of Municipal Services
Hours of Work: Generally Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 4:30, some evening meetings
Salary Range: $32,383 – $50,598
To provide administrative services to the Departments of Municipal Services, Development & Inspection and Public Works. This position will collaborate with the Directors of Municipal Services, Development & Inspection, and Public Works.
Health and Safety is everybody’s responsibility. The Municipality of Yarmouth values the safety of its employees and therefore requires all employees to follow safety protocols in the Occupational Health and Safety program. Employees may serve on the Occupational Health and Safety Committee.
As employees of MODY we are collectively responsible for providing a work environment that is free of workplace violence and harassment; where individuals are treated with dignity and respect; and that is safe. Maintaining a safe, respectful, professional and harassment-free workplace is everyone's responsibility. Policies guide our standards and expectations in these areas as we fulfill the duties of our positions.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
* General administrative duties for the departments of Municipal Services, Public Works, and Development & Inspection – answering phones, sorting mail, filing, issuing purchase orders, etc.
* Ensure that the public and clients are greeted promptly at the front counter and process payments and general inquiries from the public when required
* Prepare agendas and take minutes for Planning Advisory Committee
* Accept applications and payments for permits
* Maintain Development procedure binder
* Administration of streetlight program and preparation of reports for CAO
* Assist in finalizing technical documents and sub-division files
* Implementing Public Works schedule, under direction of the Public Works Director
* Prepare monthly and yearly development reports
* Receive and prepare applications for road names
* Participate in job specific and organizational specific training as required
* Other reasonable duties as assigned by the Director of Development and Inspection and Director of Public Works
* Working at a desk
* Writing, computer use
* Dealing with the public
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Computer skills, particularly word processing and spreadsheet technology
* Experience with general office administration
* Graduation from Office Administration program considered an asset