Municipal Grants & Bursaries
The objective of municipal grants is to provide financial assistance for not-for-profit organizations, groups and associations that are providing meaningful support services to the communities within the Municipality of Yarmouth. The financial assistance is intended to recognize the value of these services and offset some of the financial burden borne by the community organizations.
The application process for Municipal Grants opens on January 1st and closes on April 15th of each year. Applications received after the deadline and throughout the fiscal year will be referred to the budget process for the following fiscal year. Applications received after the April 15th deadline will only be considered if the applicant can show that the need is urgent and could not reasonably have been anticipated prior to the beginning of the fiscal year and no other sources of funding are available.
Click on the following links to view the Municipality of Yarmouth Grants Policy (G-068-09) as well as the grants application form. Please be sure to sign and date the application form prior to submitting to our office.
Click on the following links to view the list of the approved Municipality of Yarmouth Grants to Organizations.
2022 Grants to Organizations
2021 Grants to Organizations
2020 Grants to Organizations
2019 Grants to Organizations
Municipality of Yarmouth Bursary
The Council of the Municipality of the District of Yarmouth recognizes the importance of post-secondary education in an individual's professional pursuits. Furthermore, Council acknowledges the value of a well-trained workforce to the region's continued economic vitality. Council also wishes to acknowledge financial barriers to education frequently prevent our talented youth from entering programs following high school. To that end, Council has established four annual bursary awards in the amount of $1000.00 each. Two bursaries will be awarded to applicants entering a community college or technical/trades-related program and two bursaries will be awarded to applicants entering a university program. To qualify for a Municipality of Yarmouth Bursary, applicants must meet the following criteria:
* Successfully complete the requirements for a Nova Scotia High School Diploma at a public or private school; or
* provide documentation of equivalency to Nova Scotia High School Diploma where the student is home-schooled.
* be accepted to a program of study at a university, community college, trade or technical school; and
* reside in the Municipality of Yarmouth or be the child of a residential rate payer in the Municipality of Yarmouth.
* Council shall, where there are less than two applicants from either of the streams, fully award the bursary each year.
* Complete the application form
* Demonstrate to Municipal Council, in a 150-word essay how this award will impact the applicant's access to higher education being sure to highlight how this bursary will help overcome barriers to education – be specific
* Confirmation from school administration the applicant is on track to receive Grade 12 diploma
Municipality of Yarmouth Bursary Application Form
Application for Community College/Trade/Technical School Program
Application for University Program
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
* Demonstrated financial need
* Community involvement
Municipality of Yarmouth
932 Highway 1
Hebron, NS B5A 5Z5
Given the personal and private nature of the applications, only the selection committee will see the documentation.
To view and print the Municipality of Yarmouth Bursary Application form, please click on the following link:
Municipality of Yarmouth Bursary Application
If you have any questions, please contact the Administration Office at 902-742-7159.