The effects of the global pandemic have been felt by all sectors of society including non-profit organizations that deliver services to the communities of MODY on an “on-going” or continual basis and rely on fundraising to operate.
The Municipality of The District of Yarmouth realizes COVID-19 has made it difficult or near impossible for these essential registered not-for-profit organizations to hold their annual fundraising events. It is with this in mind that Council is establishing a onetime COVID-19 Non-profit Relief Fund of $50,000.
Any registered non-profit organization that operates in, or for the benefit of the residents of, MODY is eligible to apply for a one-time allotment from the fund.
To be considered applicants must:
- Provide proof of non-profit status including registry of joint stocks number
- Have operated for at least one year prior to March 1, 2020.
- Commit to operating this year (2021) and demonstrate how the organization will spend the funds requested
- List fundraising that was conducted prior to COVID-19 and the amount raised for each activity
- List the fundraising activities that could not be modified to comply with public health regulations relating to COVID-19
- List any events or services that could not be delivered due to public health regulations relating to COVID-19
- Fill out the COVID-19 Non-profit Relief Fund form (be sure to include the amount requested)
Event based organizations do not qualify for this program.
To download an application form, CLICK HERE!